Glacier on the Move
Elizabeth Rusch, Alice Brereton
- Award-winning, marketing savvy, popular author known for science books.
- Clever science picture book blends fascinating science facts with humor.
- Introduces readers to horned mountains, racing stripes, boulder lifting and incredible creatures.
- Packaging will be fun and attractive, making it a good choice for nature/gift stores and trade in regions with glaciers: AK, CA, CO, ID, MT, OR, WA, WY (and Internationally) and historic iceburg flow zones where moraines are source of tourism: IL, IN, MN, ND, NV, OH, OR, WI.
- Also saleable at ski resorts (where shopping is popular and many are located on glaciers.)
- Synopsis: Story of Flo the glacier as she grows, shrinks, and moves to reach the sea eventually. Also shows other animals that live on glaciers. Iceworms in margins supplement the story with earth science facts. Backmatter: more about glaciers, climate change and how we can help, and what iceworms are.