The Tango Effect
Parkinson's and the healing power of dance
- The book contains fascinating insight into how the tango in particular can help Parkinson's sufferers with their movement, balance and mental health.
- There are currently around 145,000 people living with the disease in the UK.
- It is also a deeply personal account of finding a liberated, often joyful, way to live with a chronic disease.
- The author has received an Arts Council Escalator Award and been writer in residence at Cambridge University Botanic Garden.
- For fans of Somebody I Used to Know by Wendy Mitchell, Twelve Minutes of Love: A Tango Story by Kapka Kassabova, When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi.